Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
POLIS 'LOW LIJN'
Transcript of POLIS 'LOW LIJN'
Above the water of a canal or river
Alongside a bridge
The lightweight construction is attached to the quay and covered with sedum, grasses and ivy.
Variation on hanging gardens
Stand alone modular version
With plants & herbs
Cycle Parking Format: 'Low Lijn'
An innovative solution for inner city bicycle parking.
Creating bicycle parking
Adding high quality public green space
Locations above, on and in the water
On squares, attached to bridges, serving as terraces
Bicycle Parking Jetty
A wide jetty in the canal. A continuous green strip partly conceals bicycles and gives extra green atmosphere to the pavement.
Low Lijn Flower Market
Replacing the flower market
Cellars for bikes & goods storage
Shops on ground level
Garden on top level
Low Lijn Lijnbaansgracht
large green public space
2000 to 4000 bicycles
last minute ticket counter
Module with adaptable rooftop
Amsterdam Low Lijn - Greening Cycling Parking
a simpler solution: the not covered jetty
Low Lijn Boulevard
This variation is a boulevard along a canal
Bicycle parking underneath
200 / day
Cycling grows everywhere
Parking provision is a growing need
Elephant paths indicate where to provide service
Simple white lines may help
On street racks are already more infrastructural
Automated parking systems are a next option
Temporary bicycle parking systems help for the time being
parking buildings are a big step forward
underground facilities are the next level
I would like to concentrate on
- cost efficient
- double or triple use
of the used space
1. Prepare in time for bicycle parking investment
2. Do not make the same mistakes as happened with car parking
3. Make a long term anual budget available
4. Challenge your politician to make the urban space attractive
5. Make your signatory multi-functional design for your city
6. Challenge bicycle parking producers to also be creative
Public library Amsterdam
Passengers terminal Amsterdam
NEW: City Hall Utrecht