Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Renaissance
The Renaissance means 'rebirth' -> of what?
Time of renewed political, social, economic, and cultural curiosity, especially in the culture of ancient Greece and Rome
Florence (Italy) was the center
Wealthy merchant class developed here and throughout Italy-> $$$$$
Many of these wealthy merchants became
- Financial supporter of the arts
Wanted to beautify the city
Where and Why?
- Intellectual movement based the value of human beings and seek rational ways of solving human problems
Example: Why do the stars move?
Art during this time is focused on human characteristics-> emotional
Throughout Europe, people made connections and worked together to solve these problems- curiosity!
is used to describe someone who has wide interests; expert in several areas
In your rows, come up with 5 people who you can say is a 'Renaissance Person' today and WHY.
The Renaissance Grows
printed a complete edition of the Bible using movable type metal- machine was called the
The domino effect...
Books became easier to make > complete five more links!!!
Unit Two: Renaissance and Reformation
(1) Group rules & roles due tonight
(2) Bring your textbook next class!
What Was it All About?
In your semester teams, develop a list of 12 things you would like to learn how to do (Each group member contributes)
ex. Homemade pasta
Do NOT put your names on it
Directions to come...
Most famous Renaissance artist
The Last Supper
Contributed to music, engineering, architecture, and optics
Case Study: The Legacy of Da Vinci
Leonardo da Vinci
(1) Charged laptops next class
(2) Unit 2, Quiz #1 on 9.26 & 9.27 (Tuesday/Wednesday)
Influential Renaissance Artists
Famous work include his marble sculpture
Perhaps his best work took him 4 years- painted the ceiling of the
was younger that these 2 and studied their works. His most famous work is
The School of Athens
Debate between what is focus of life- heaven or humans?
(1) Read & annotate Niccolo Machiavelli's
(2) Unit 2, Quiz #1 on Tuesday/Wednesday
(3) Begin to research semester project, including timelines & poster ideas
Break, then research