Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BASIC 04 - UNIT 12
Transcript of BASIC 04 - UNIT 12
UNIT 12 - JOBS AND AMBITIONS
Lesson A - Jobs
LESSON B - Getting a Job
How many jobs can you name?
early 19th century: French, literally 'head'.
late Middle English: contraction of earlier
flight + attendant
house + wife
person that gives attention during a plane trip
wife that stays at home doing housework.
1. Which jobs make the most money? Which jobs are easy? Which jobs are hard?
I think _______ make the most money.
_______ have an easy/a hard job because they...
ASK YOUR PARTNER
In Peru, which is the most difficult job?
In my opinion, ______ have the most difficult job because...
they aren't well-paid
it's a very difficult job
they have to work really hard
it's very exhausting
they have to be very intelligent / creative / strong / careful
In Peru, how many hours a day do people usually work?
People usually work ___ hours a day.
Who works more than this? Who works less than this?
hours a day.
In a social event, what questions do you ask to a person you just meet?
1. What does Valentina do? (What's her job?)
She __________ for ________________.
2. Does she like her job? How do you know?
Yes, she does / No, she doesn't.
Because she says "_________________".
Listen to the conversation and answer
Q: What do you do?
. I work
as a teacher
TALKING ABOUT JOBS AND OCCUPATIONS
- I work
- I work
in an institute.
What do you do?
Create a conversation. Use your CV or one of the business cards
A: So, what do you do?
B: I'm an audio engineer, I work as a DJ.
A: Really? Who do you work for?
B: I'm self-employed. My company's name is DJskater.
A: That sounds great!
B: It is. How about you?
A: Me? I'm a...
I'm friendly, smart, hardworking, easygoing and kind of shy.
1. Her dad only speaks English. He _____ speak French.
2. I _____ swim fifty meters.
3. ______ you make a fire?
4. ______ he cook? No, he ________ .
5. What sports ______ you play?
6. Marc ______ climb trees because he is sick.
7. There's a party tonight. _____ you come?
Make 3 business cards
What is an
What do you think are the
in the U.S.
a young foreign person, typically a woman, who helps with housework or child care in exchange for room and board.
You have to...
College / University Degrees
ASK YOUR CLASSMATE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOBS
Where is it?
You have to...
You (don't) need... and/but...
You (don't) need a degree. / It doesn't say.
Yes... / No...
You can learn about... / how to...
a car, I like going for a drive to the beach. But I
a bike. I want to learn how to ride a bicycle.
. My mom teaches me how to prepare my favorite dishes. But, I
a cake or lemon pie. It is difficult!
I want to be an Engineer. I
math very quickly and it's easy for me to understand. I love Mathematics. But, I
phone numbers. It's surprising, right?
My friends say I
very well. I like to create novels and short stories but I
poems. I want to be a writer but I don't want to be a poet.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Ask your partner about his/her abilities:
̈Can or ̈can't?
8. Peter doesn't go to the pool because he _____ swim.
9. Rabbits _____ sing.
10. It is really dark. I ________ see anything.
11. I've got a new bike, now I ________ ride it.
12. He hurt his leg, so he ________ run fast.
13. She's a singer. She ________ sing nicely.
Portuguese. His girlfriend is from Brazil. B__
soccer very well. He
sports, but A__
We have many skills. Some of us
. For example, we all
a little English;
but A__ and B__
the guitar and
many Peruvian dishes. He
to be a chef. B__
very fast. She
to study Engineering. C__
beautiful pictures. He
to become an artist.