Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Advocacy campaign
Lobbying for Change a Call to Action
Needs Assessment for Washington State
Too many people are dying.
Not enough measures are being taken to prevent firearm homicides.
In 55% of DV Homicides a firearm was used.
WA State's Response to the Problem
WSCADV - Collaborated with Lawmakers
HB 1840 was introduced in 2013.
Advocacy Groups began mobilizing.
Media begins to cover the issue.
The Root of the Problem
Tell Congress to Support Bills to Reduce Domestic Gun Violence
Mom's Demand Action on Facebook:
Domestic Violence and Gun Laws Pinterest:
Tell Staples that Guns and Crayons Don't Mix
Passing Universal Background Checks
The Bigger Picture
Recent Victory in Louisiana
Recent Victory in SCOTUS
Potential National Legislation S.1290 - Senator Klobuchar
9 Ways Facebook Agreed to crack down on Gun Sales