Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Esperanza Rising Chapter 15
Transcript of Esperanza Rising Chapter 15
Each group will have a different color marker, so it’s clear which group has gone to which chart.
Before you begin, please start your writing way up at the top of the chart, since other groups will be adding to the chart.
1. Take out your homework
2. Copy homework
3. Re-read authors note and list of major metaphors and themes in
- I can determine the meaning of literal and figurative language (metaphors and similes) in text. (RL.5.4)
- I can determine a theme based on details in the text. (RL.5.2)
- I can use quotes to support my inferences in literary texts. (RL.5.1)
Review and record
Chapter 14 quiz
Questions to Discuss and Chart
How does this big metaphor show up again in the last two chapters?
Why did the author do this?
How does this ‘big metaphor’ help us understand an important message or theme in the novel?
Big Metaphors and Themes
What metaphors and themes do we see again in chapters 13 and 14?
Five Big Metaphors
2. The Heartbeat
3. The Blanket
4. The Rose
5. The Grapes/Harvest
The Grapes Metaphor
“What did Papa mean when he told Esperanza, ‘Wait a little while and the fruit will fall into your hands’ (pages 2 and 223)?”
How does this show up again in Chapter 13 & 14?
Pick one big metaphor that you liked.
Explain why you like it. How did that big metaphor help you understand the themes of the story?
Write a two voice poem and try to incorporate one of the big metaphors