Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BELIEFS AND PRACTICES ABOUT CONSTELLATIONS
Transcript of BELIEFS AND PRACTICES ABOUT CONSTELLATIONS
TWO PHILIPPINE STAR GROUPS:
- Is an equivalent of the constellation Orion
- is a local term that means a trapping device used by hunters.
The stars serve as symbols for ideals and values that mould the Filipino culture.
- Nearby asterism consisting of six or seven bright stars.
- To the Bukidnons, the star group is the hunting ground of mythical hero Magbangal.
The ancient people believe that these constellations ruled the heavens for the period they were on the Eastern horizon before being replaced by the rising sun
ZODIAC SIGN CONSTELLATIONS
-The names of many constellations are Greek in origin.
- These twelve constellations became known as the zodiac constellations
The thirteenth constellation that crosses the ecliptic that is between the zodiac signs Scorpio and Sagittarius.
THE ZODIAC CONSTELLATIONS
Over the course of the year, the sun appears to be in front of or "in", different constellations. Thus, astrologists divide a year into twelve periods, during each period, the Sun appears to be in constellation area. One month, the sun appears in Gemini;
the next month, in Cancer.
But your astrological sign does not necessarily tell you what constellation the sun was in on the day you were born. So everyone has a corresponding zodiac sign according to the
period his/her birthday lies in. People believe that different signs of the zodiac present different characteristics and talents.
The Greek constellations have heavily influenced the accepted constellation of modern astronomy and many of the names are directly derived or remained unchanged from their time.
The term zodiac derives from Latin zōdiacus, which in its turn comes from the Greek ζῳδιακὸς κύκλος (zōdiakos kyklos), meaning "circle of animals"
1. What are some of the constellations that you know?
2. What is your belief about where constellations came from?
3. Do you believe in horoscopes?
4. What are the two Philippine star groups?
5. What is the name of the thirte