Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
History of Afghanistan
Transcript of History of Afghanistan
- become an independent nation
- Amir Amanullah Khon: King of Afganistan - Zahir Shah becomes king
- he helps bring stability to the country
- he rules for 40 years - he is a cousin of the king
- becomes the prime minster then president
who does he make an alliance with?
- Nikita Khrushchev
- to help Afghanistan 1973 - Gen. Mohammed Daoud Khan over throws the king
- the government did not like his cousin, Zahir Shah
- he took control
- outlaws the monarchy
- declares himself president 1988 - Osama shift his focus from the Soviet Union to the United States
- he wanted to stay really powerful
- he wanted to make the country based on Islam 1992 - The Mujahadeen stormed the capital, Kabul
- Kick out Najibullah (current ruler at this time) 1993 - Afghans believe the Taliban takeover in 1993 was a good thing at first
- the Taliban restored security
- conquered most of the country - More than a million Afghans flee to Pakistan 1995 – 1999 September 11,2001 - Hijackers take control over 4 commercial planes
- The destruction was ordered by Osama Bin Ladin back in Afghanistan Osama bin Laden was the "leader" Amir Amanullah Khon Zahir Shah Gen. Mohammed Daoud Khan Nikita Khrushchev Osama bin laden why?
- They flee because Taliban appeared on the verge of taking over the whole country
- Osama Bin Laden was accused of being behind the 1998 bombings of the American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania Why was it bad?
- banned television, music, movies
- girls not allowed to go to school
- during this time all women were supposed to wear a burka A Burka Osama Bin Ladin Died: May 2, 2011
U.S. Navy and the CIA found him and killed him in Pakistan Trends in History - lots of wars
- 3 wars verses the British Life of an average citizen - life is long and hard
- deal with lots of commotion with the outside world
- short life due to lots of life threatening obstacles faced National Values - although the country is a wild war zone
- the people really care about their pride and tradition that is carried on National Identity -almost everybody thinks that afghanistan is a bad place
- this basically ruins afghanistan's identity and drives people away The End