Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Death by User Story
Transcript of Death by User Story
Death by User Story
How to break free?
Agile Product Management
Naive conversion of requirements documents to stories
- business value thinking vs schedule driven thinking
the workhorse of agile development
tool for building product backlog
the basic unit of work for a team
container that carries the value stream to the user
lightweight and effective approach to managing requirements for a system
help bridge the developer-customer communication gap
a metaphor for our entire incremental value delivery approach
Re-work and bugs
Disappointed stakeholders, customer, clients, users
What is a user story?
A brief statement of intent that describes something that the system needs to do for an user.
As a <role>, I want <goal/desire> in order to <benefit>.
the story unites the requirement with the agreed solution
"In order to ..."
"I want ..."
In order to <receive benefits> as a <role> I want <goal/desire>.
As <who> <when><where><what> because <why>.
Mike Cohn / Connextra
Where does it all go wrong?
Story Mind Map
Product Backlog list
Incremental package building vs value delivery
Statements without confirmation
Solutions without conversation
Misuse of priorities and value
Visual design isn't the whole story
- shared understanding of user stories - purpose and benefits
Don't start with User Stories!!!
- holistic approach vs linear approach
Whole team approach