Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
JOB SATISFACTION IN THE UAE
Transcript of JOB SATISFACTION IN THE UAE
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
27% of 9,760 respondents expressed high satisfaction.
The highest in job satisfaction are
Three dimensions of organizational commitment
The rating of job satisfaction in the UAE was low for the Gulf region as whole due to; Poor work organization and low motivation levels(65%).
What are three things that employers could do to increase the job satisfaction of their staff ?
How can employers increase employe commitment ?
GDP (PPP) 2013 estimate
- Total $269.815 billion
- Per capita $29,877
The UAE's population was estimated to be 8,264,070 of whom only 20% were UAE nationals or Emiratis, while the majority of the population were expatriates.
With a male/female sex ratio of 2.2 for the total population and 2.75 for the 15–65 age group, the UAE's gender imbalance is second highest in the world after Qatar.
An employer who promotes equal opportunity and finding a job that matches ones qualifications and skills.
Staff needed training to improve their attitude about their jobs to increase interest, and to offer a carrer path.
WHAT IS JOB SATISFACTION ?
WHAT IS JOB INVOLVEMENT ?
WHAT IS PSYCHLOGICAL EMPOWERMENT ?
WHAT IS ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT ?
Job dissatisfaction was most often about salary, either late salary peyments, low salaries or failure to increase salaries.
Another concern was the system of three-year work visas caused employees and employers to only have short-term working relationships.
As some multinational companies may only be located in the UAE for a short while this may also contribute negatively to commitment and job satisfaction.
Employees who feel their employers fail to keep promises to them feel less commited-creative performance decreases, turnover, absenteeism increases
• The most employers are now looking at a long term of employment. Due to unsteady global economical status, job security always is at the top of all other factors. The employees more satisfy with a permanent status other than a temporary or contract status.
• The other thing that employer can provide training for its employees. Education and training motivate employee and make them more innovative and productive. Trained and educated employees are more willing to take more responsibilities, so they can be more involved.
• Never and ever forgotten the compensation or pay also contributes to the job satisfaction. The pay should be equally justified with their qualification and the experiences. Under evaluated pay normally give the employee fall into feeling of dissatisfaction. Money comes up first when people discuss satisfaction but once an individual reaches a level of comfortable living relationship between pay and job satisfaction disappears. Money does motivates people not necessarily makes us happy.
• Personality also plays a role. People who have positive core-self evaluations are more satisfied with their jobs.
• Social context of their work place-how satisfied they are (relation exist).
• Managers should focus on intrinsic parts of the job. Such as making work challenging and interesting.
Employee’s confidence in the future with the organization.
Employee’s confidence in achieving career objectives.
Employee’s confidence in the future success of their organizations.
Degree of teamwork and cooperation.
Employee’s satisfaction with the type of work they do.
The chance to do challenging and interesting work.
The company commitment to the quality.
Opportunities for continue learning to improve skills.
My company practices the "one month funding first." So the salary we're getting this month is actually for last month's work. And they are not yet satisfied with keeping one month salary with them, but they give the salaries late.
Posted: April 29, 2008, 11:51
If you want to be happy in your job, find an employer who promotes an equal-opportunity policy in the workplace. Second, don't take a job which is not coherent with your skills and qualifications no matter what it takes.
Posted: April 29, 2008, 11:31
Many of us are not satisfied with their jobs. In my job, there is no chance to go up, even if you are qualified. There is no value of skill, experience, improved qualification or hard work, no chance to change the department or position.
Posted: April 29, 2008, 11:12
Most of the private sector companies here are from foreign lands and here to tap the economic boom. They are not looking for long term relations with employees. Same goes with employees, who come here for a short term and a quick earning life.
Posted: April 29, 2008, 10:49
Ceyhun Semih Bay