Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to The House on Mango Street
Transcript of Introduction to The House on Mango Street
Grew up poor in Chicago
Only daughter among 7 children
Raised by Mexican father and Mexican American mother
Has felt like she stradles two cultures but doesn't feel like she belongs in either
Has worked as a teacher and counselor to high school dropouts, a writer, a college recruiter and a professor
Lives in San Antonio, Texas Book Info:
Published in 1984
A coming of age novel from the perspective of a young Latina girl, Esperanza, growing up in a Chicago ghetto
Esperanza is determined to say goodbye to the place she lives Book Format:
Broken into poetic vignettes (a short impressionistic scene that focuses on one moment or gives a trenchant impression about a character, an idea, or a setting and sometimes an object)
In first-person, present tense