Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of RedBull Stratos
“The purpose of the Red Bull Stratos mission was to transcend human limits.”
The Statement: "A mission to the edge of space. One Man. One Balloon. One jump from the edge of space, breaking the speed of sound."
Felix Baumgartner ascended to 128,100 feet in a stratospheric balloon and made a freefall jump at supersonic speeds
The first human to break the speed of sound in the highest freefall ever
Broke 3/4 world records
SOS, Height, Time
RedBull's Youtube Channel - 35.5m + views
Documentary "Space Dive"
Created data & insight for NASA
Original scheduled launch: October 9, 2012
Delayed five hours because of weather problems (40km winds)
Rescheduled: October 11, 2012
Meteorologist postponed event again
Technicians found that one of the capsule's communication radios was faulty
The Areospace Team
A Space Diving Project
October 14, 2012
9:28 am (Mountain Time)
New Mexico, USA
RedBull Stratos was a huge success!
Mission was achieved
Massive reach to consumers through online media sites
Huge brand awareness with positive consumer
Created insight for NASA and data
Factors causing RedBull a positive position:
1. RedBull has built their brand around extreme activities
(Formula One, Air Race, Crushed Ice)
2. Embrace Extreme Marketing - Credibility
3. Experts at risk management and know how to maximize the
spectacle to benefit the brand
4. Professionals & Expertise - Capabilitlites, Knowledge, Resources
5. Contingency Plans
6. Financing & Budget
"Not every brand has the inclination or budget to invest in something
bigger than itself, but the best marketers should at least have
the ambition to try." - Nicola Kemp (Marketing Magazine UK)
If you won’t invest in your products and services,
staff and brand, why would you expect your