Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of pothole repairer
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
To help improve the base by pulverizing potholes and surrounding areas into reusable material that is blended into the underlying base to help improve stability.
The Pothole Repairing Machine is specially used for swift repairing of cracks, pitholes, shoulders, fissures, alligator areas and utility cuts.
The machine was used on an experimental basis in 2009 in Mumbai and 15,000 sq mt of potholes were filled.
Trained employees are needed to handle the machine.
Three machines costed 4.06 crores.
Number of workers are reduced.
Work can be carried out even in rains.
A weeks work can be done in one day thus saving time without disruption to the traffic.
PRINCIPLE AND USE
PYTHON 5000 TATA MODEL 1613
SPECIFICATION OF MACHINE
Can cause ACCIDENTS.
Repairing is TIME CONSUMING.
YOU CAN WASTE YOUR TIME AND RESOURCES DOING TEMPORARY POTHOLE FIXES OVER AND OVER . .
Insufficient or deteriorated base flexes under traffic, causing cracks and potholes.
Pothole is filled but underlying base problem persists.
Cracks continue to surface due to stress of heavy loads on compromised base.
Potholes reappear and often widen.
. . . OR YOU CAN SOLVE YOUR POTHOLE PROBLEMS QUICKLY WITH LONGER LASTING RESULTS
Pulverize pothole and surrounding area and blend with a pre- determined portion of the base.*
Grade, reshape and compact.†
Chip seal or pave.
New, stabilized base keeps problems from reappearing
• Fast patching -- the average hole can be patched in just two minutes
• Quality patches -- hydraulic pressure controlled roller provides quality compaction and a permanent patch that will outlast the surrounding surface
• Repairs utility cuts and long cracks in one continuous operation - chanelling the asphalt into the crack and compacting it on-the-go
• Works in sub-zero temperatures or pouring rain
• Travels at highway speeds to and from job site
• All functions controlled from inside the cab by a single joystick
• Multi-axis working arm gives full range of control -side to side, forward or reverse
• Working arm extends to 4 feet from under the cab, with 6 feet of side-to-side motion
• Exact amount of asphalt is delivered to the exact location
• Dispenses all standard hot or cold asphalt mixes
• Keeps hot asphalt hot, and warms cold mix asphalt to the ideal temperature
• Operator stays in the cab for a safer and more comfortable working environment
• Clear visibility for driver/operator