Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"The World as India" by Susan Sontag
Transcript of "The World as India" by Susan Sontag
American writer and filmmaker, a professor and a political activist
cultural and an intellectual celebrity
wrote about areas of conflict
mostly topics: photography, culture, media, AIDS, illness, human rights, communism
The New York Review of Books: "one of the most influential critics of her generation."
directed films, wrote books, ...
2001: Jerusalem Prize
2003: Peace Prize of the German Book Trade
2003: Prince of Asturias Award
* 16.01.1933 in Tucson
attended high school in Los Angeles
father died on tubercolosis
Mother was often away
1950: married Philip Rieff
recieved B.A. from College of Chicago
graduated in Havard University and Saint Anne's College in Oxford
1986: Mother died on lung cancer
The world as India
over 400 individual languages are spoken
22 languages are official today
Problems for administration?