Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PR 2.0: Merging PR & SM
Transcript of PR 2.0: Merging PR & SM
Abby Gutowski, PR + SM Manager, Weidert Group, Inc. PR 2.0: Merging PR and Social Media What is PR 2.0? How public relations integrates
with the technology-heavy business world How is technology changing the profession? Public opinion is becoming more credible Crisis management is more important than ever Traditional PR PR 2.0 What does this mean for businesses? Monitoring online conversations Reach audiences quickly Judged by your online conversations, or lack of What does this mean for PR pros? Using new tools (SMR, blogger relations) You have to be a storyteller Work in real-time Build relationships with all
constituents Importance of search
engine optimization Engagement & participation Case Study: Nestle Case Study: Domino's How can you prepare yourself for
the changing PR profession? 1. Google yourself (get your SM in check)
2. Follow trends & case studies
3. Be a news creator, not just a pitcher
4. Start a blog
5. Attend social media conferences
6. Understand how traditional PR can be leveraged
7. Follow and connect with influentials
8. Read PR & SM books not assigned in class
9. Get a PR internship, or three
10. Love what you do CONNECT WITH ME
flavors.me/abbygutowski 95% of journalists expect
an interactive online newsroom You need to be aware!