Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How did the nature of warfare change WWI?
Transcript of How did the nature of warfare change WWI?
The Amount of Deaths
Compared to other wars in the past, the amount of casualities were significantly greater. There was a lot more just average population death as well compared to just having solider deaths.
Chemical Warfare was also introduced. soilders used poison gas to kill mass amounts of people all at one time.
Airplanes and Submarines
Airplanes were used for reconnaissance, bombing, and fighting but did not prove decisive. sumbmarines were used to send torpedos as well as on deck guns to sink other ships.
Machine Guns & Artillery Guns
With new technology, soilders were focusing on their weapons more. Machine guns were firing about 600 bullets a minute. Artillery field guns were long range canons that caused more casuatlies than any other weapon.