Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Diversity in the Workplace
Transcript of Diversity in the Workplace
" A major source of Boeing's strength is our people and the range of perspectives they bring to creating innovative aerospace products and services for our customers worldwide. We are just committed to continuous improvement in diversity and inclusion as we are to continuous improvement in our business performance. Each fuels the other."
Chairman, President and CEO
A diverse workforce combines workers from different backgrounds and experiences that together breed a more creative, innovative, and productive workforce.
TOP TEN ECONOMIC FACTS OF DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE
by Sophia Kerby and Crosby Burns
Center for American Progress
1. A Diverse Workforce Drives Economic Growth
Women’s overall share of labor (US)
37% to 47% in 40 years
Quarter of Current GDP 
2. A diverse workforce can capture a greater share of the consumer market
3. Recruiting from a diverse pool of candidates means a more qualified workforce
4. A diverse and inclusive workforce helps businesses avoid employee turnover costs.
Foster a hostile work environment that forces employees to leave
5. Diversity fosters a more creative and innovative workforce
Different backgrounds, qualifications, experiences
85% agreed or strongly agreed that diversity is crucial for innovation 
6. Businesses need to adapt to our changing nation to be competitive in the economic market
2050: No racial or ethnic majority in the United States [Census Bureau]
2000-2050 [Growth in working-age population]
83% : new immigrants and their children
7. Diversity is a key aspect of entrepreneurship.
22.1 % People of Color
28.8 % Women
Latina-owned businesses in particular are the fastest-growing segment of the women-owned business market
8. Diversity in business ownership, particularly among women of color, is key to moving our economy forward
1.9 Million Firms
Employ 1.2 Million People
Generate $165 Billion in Revenue
9. Diversity in the workplace is necessary to create a competitive economy in a globalized world
10. Diversity in the boardroom is needed to leverage a company’s full potential.
People of color and women only represent about 14.5 percent and 18 percent of corporate boards
1. Our nation and our workforce are both becoming more diverse
2. Businesses have learned that they can draw upon our nation’s diversity to strengthen their bottom line
3. Diversity is a key ingredient to growing a strong and inclusive economy that’s built to last
How NOT to Teach Diversity!
Jordan Baczynski Enterprise Radiation Safety
Videos and Pictures
1. The Office__ www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aVUoy9r0CM
2. Boeing Diversity__http://www.boeing.com/boeing/aboutus/diversity/commitment.page?
3. Stock Market__www.worldstockscanner.com
4. Bundle of Money__www.franchisebusinessadvice.com
5. USA Map__www.21stcenturyschools.com
6. Small Business__www.surry.edu
7.Gone Fishing Sign__www.savvybizbuilder.com