Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SOLVING EQUATIONS
An equation says that two things are equal.
It will have an equals sign "=".
It's is like a statement
~"this equals that"~
Symbols and Variables
Parts of an Equation
-a number that is used to multiply a variable (4x means 4 times x, so 4 is a coefficient)
- a symbol used to represent an unknown number, whose value can change.
A constant is a number by itself.
5 12 9 2 6 10 3 7
(4 is a coefficient)
(2 is a coefficient)
- a symbol that shows an operation
equal groups of
Terms are the parts of an expression
or an equation that are separated by
"+" sign or a "-" sign.
an expression built up from
intiger constants, variables, and the algebraic operation(terms)
2 Types of equations
Solving One step equations
two step equations
- a system of symbols which is an efficient and effective way to display functions of any type.
Writing Functions using
A Function Notation
y = 2x -3
f(x) = 2x -3
If x = 3
f(3) = 2(3) -3
= 6 -3
f(3) = 3
What makes it up(symbols,variables,etc.)
How to solve them(one-step & two-step)
Meaning of the symbol
How to solve a Function Notation problem
What has been reviewed
Find the value of x.
1.) x + 14 = 20
a.)x = 5
b.)x = 3
c.)x = 8
d.)x = 6
2.)9x + 3 = 21
a.)x = 3
b.)x = 2
c.)x = 7
d.)9x = 18