Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of SOLVING EQUATIONS
An equation says that two things are equal.
It will have an equals sign "=".
It's is like a statement
~"this equals that"~
Symbols and Variables
Parts of an Equation
-a number that is used to multiply a variable (4x means 4 times x, so 4 is a coefficient)
- a symbol used to represent an unknown number, whose value can change.
A constant is a number by itself.
5 12 9 2 6 10 3 7
(4 is a coefficient)
(2 is a coefficient)
- a symbol that shows an operation
equal groups of
Terms are the parts of an expression
or an equation that are separated by
"+" sign or a "-" sign.
an expression built up from
intiger constants, variables, and the algebraic operation(terms)
2 Types of equations
Solving One step equations
two step equations
- a system of symbols which is an efficient and effective way to display functions of any type.
Writing Functions using
A Function Notation
y = 2x -3
f(x) = 2x -3
If x = 3
f(3) = 2(3) -3
= 6 -3
f(3) = 3
What makes it up(symbols,variables,etc.)
How to solve them(one-step & two-step)
Meaning of the symbol
How to solve a Function Notation problem
What has been reviewed
Find the value of x.
1.) x + 14 = 20
a.)x = 5
b.)x = 3
c.)x = 8
d.)x = 6
2.)9x + 3 = 21
a.)x = 3
b.)x = 2
c.)x = 7
d.)9x = 18