Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Back to School!
Transcript of Back to School!
It's going to be an exciting year!
for joining me tonight!
BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
SIGN IN (if you haven't already...see magnets/class lists on the blackboard)
leave QUESTIONS and/or COMMENTS you have on a NOTE CARD in the BLUE BIN
GRIFFINS GIVE BACK
Essential communication skills intertwined into...
~ ENGLISH / LANGUAGE ARTS
MRS. MARIA SERINA
* GRIFFINS team leader
MISS KAREN GUELLICH
Miss Muhr (student teacher)
MR. TROY MINAROVIC
~ SOCIAL STUDIES
MR. JOSH ABRAMS
MRS. PETE PIZZUTO
~ LEARNING SUPPORT
MR. PETE PIZZUTO
MRS> ABBY RUTCH
Let's have it MAKE SENSE!
ISN - Interactive Student Notebooks
ACTIVE learning strategies - METACOGNITION
reading comprehension and GENUINE processing
A closer look...
student's responsibility to submit
expect it daily
building the foundation --> for transition to 8th grade & high school
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM WALLS...
Our Learning Space:
High Expectations ... Independence
materials to class
academic risks are encouraged
* NICE is CONTAGIOUS... pass it on!
* creative space
* thinking "outside the box"
* respecting others
* enjoying the moment
MY ELA WEBSITE
the go-to place for all class info!
homework section posted daily (use when absent)
reminders sent via text / email (parents can sign up too!)
online assessments in 7th grade ELA
parent volunteers / team donations (THANK YOU!!!)
ABOUT MRS. SERINA:
* mom of three (Andrew, Alex, Aiden)
* avid sports fan (Let's Go STATE!)
* grammar nerd (It's true!)
* P.A.L.S. club advisor (this club pairs main stream students with learning support life skills students)
* club director of AVA (local girls club volleyball program)
* head coach of Parkland MS girls & boys volleyball
* assistant coach for Muhlenberg College Women's Volleyball
1. RESPECT yourself
2. RESPECT others
3. RESPECT the environment
* our responsibility to make a difference!
* AS A TEAM: community outreach --> end of each MP
* ex: letters to troops, cards to nursing homes,
children's hospital, etc...
PRACTICING what is preached:
SMS Pledges to Take A Stand!
4 School Rules Against Bullying
Rule #1 - We will not bully others.
Rule #2 - We will try to help students who are bullied.
Rule #3 - We will try to include students who are left out.
Rule #4 - If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell
an adult at school AND an adult at home.