Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Back to School!
Transcript of Back to School!
It's going to be an exciting year!
for joining me tonight!
SIGN IN (if you haven't already) ...see magnets & class lists on the blackboard)
leave QUESTIONS and/or COMMENTS you have on a NOTE CARD in the BLUE BIN
GRIFFINS GIVE BACK
Essential communication skills intertwined into...
~ ENGLISH / LANGUAGE ARTS
MRS. MARIA SERINA
* GRIFFINS team leader
MISS KAREN GUELLICH
Miss Muhr (student teacher)
MR. TROY MINAROVIC
~ SOCIAL STUDIES
MR. JOSH ABRAMS
MRS. PETE PIZZUTO
~ LEARNING SUPPORT
MR. PETE PIZZUTO
MRS> ABBY RUTCH
Let's have it MAKE SENSE!
ISN - Interactive Student Notebooks
ACTIVE learning strategies - METACOGNITION
reading comprehension and GENUINE processing
A closer look...
student's responsibility to submit
expect it daily (ARP)
building the foundation --> for transition to 8th grade & high school
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM WALLS...
Our Learning Space:
High Expectations ... Independence
materials to class
academic risks are encouraged
* NICE is CONTAGIOUS... pass it on!
* creative space
* thinking "outside the box"
* respecting others
* enjoying the moment
MY ELA WEBSITE
the go-to place for all class info!
homework section posted daily (use when absent)
reminders sent via text / email (parents can sign up too!)
online assessments in 7th grade ELA
parent volunteers / team donations (THANK YOU!!!)
ABOUT MRS. SERINA:
* mom of three (Andrew, Alex, Aiden)
* avid sports fan (Let's Go STATE!)
* grammar nerd (It's true!)
* P.A.L.S. club advisor (this club pairs main stream students with learning support life skills students)
* head coach of Parkland MS girls & boys volleyball
* club director of AVA (local club volleyball academy)
1. RESPECT yourself
2. RESPECT others
3. RESPECT the environment
* our responsibility to make a difference!
* AS A TEAM: community outreach --> end of each MP
* ex: letters to troops, cards to nursing homes /
children's hospital, Autism Awareness walk etc...
PRACTICING what is preached:
SMS Pledges to Take A Stand!
4 School Rules Against Bullying
Rule #1 - We will not bully others.
Rule #2 - We will try to help students who are bullied.
Rule #3 - We will try to include students who are left out.
Rule #4 - If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell
an adult at school AND an adult at home.
* 3rd year at SMS; taught at Centennial School of Lehigh University prior to working at Springhouse
* Has worked part time with children who have autism for the past 7 years
* 3 younger brothers and a dachshund named Rocky
* Loves anything brightly colored and sparkly
* Glitter is my favorite color
* Has gained a lot of experience working with students of all ages – from elementary to high school but LOVES middle school the best!
About Miss Creighton: