Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why Do We Suffer?
Transcript of Why Do We Suffer?
1) If there is no God then would there even be a reference for what is good and bad?
Why do we suffer?
1) We make our own wrong decisions (1 Peter 4:15).
2)Other people make bad choices effecting others.
3) Decisions of previous generations (India; Deuteronomy 5:9).
4) We live in a world of natural laws (gravity, motion, storms, volcanoes).
Does pain and suffering prove that God does not exist? NO!
Sometimes suffering is very beneficial (Psalm 119:67).
What about the man who had chest pain?
What about the boy who lives in a world with pain?
What about the one who is cold and you try to warm by the fire?
What about the one who was caught on fire?
If there is a loving God who has the power to stop suffering, then why doesn't he stop it?
1) Either God is not loving and good.
2) God is not powerful enough to stop it.
Judges 6:12, 13 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.
Does this prove there is no God?
"God is love" came from the Bible -1 John 4:8-
The Bible reveals a loving and merciful, all powerful God.
Where does evil come from?
From breaking God's commandments -1John 3:4-
2) The freedom of choice
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
James 1:2, 3