Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
M.C. Escher and Tessellations
Transcript of M.C. Escher and Tessellations
DESIGN M.C. Escher Maurits Cornelis Escher (1898-1972) is one of the world's most famous graphic artists.
M.C. Escher was born in the Netherlands
During his lifetime he made over 2000 drawings and sketches!
Enrolled in architecture school but after one week he decided to study graphic art instead
Escher is famous for his playful use of architecture, perspective and impossible spaces. He designed many structures which create illusions. These are some examples of his
wild architecture Where do the stairs end? Where does the waterfall
start and end? M.C. Escher is also know for his
What is a Tessellation? A is an arrangement of closed shapes that completely cover the plane without overlapping and without leaving gaps. Here are some examples of Tessellations
M.C. Escher created Example Tessellations Tessellation Tessellations Students Will:
Design a Tessellation using interesting shapes.
Create a simple design on a small piece of tissue paper
Transfer the design onto a piece of 12" x 12" paper
Color the tessellation with colored pencils.