Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Citizenship
Using the paragraph guidance - write your 'argument for' paragraph.
Constructing Arguments For & Against
Attacking A Statement
All about key words in the statement - are there any you can pick apart?
Everyone - does this mean unlimited numbers, no checks on them...
Welcome - what does this mean? Should they get benefits? How long for?
LO1: I will learn how to 'attack' a statement in order to develop arguments against it
LO2: I will learn how to develop arguments in favour of a statement
LO3: I will learn how to use emotive language as a persuasive technique
Developing Arguments In Favour
This is the hardest part of any essay - and is the difference between a 6 and a 9!
Writing A Conclusion
Marking Codes Explained
What Went Well - needs to be detailed
How It Could Be Better - needs to be really detailed
Why do we do 3 drafts:
- setting out your ideas, trying out phrasing
- does it all work as one essay? Getting feedback from each other
- Can you work within the time given?Teacher marked as an assessment!
You now have 25 minutes - and NO MORE to complete the entire essay for your first draft
1st Full Draft
Using the paragraph guidance - write your 'argument against' paragraph.
Needs to be a well constructed argument
A good conclusion needs:
To summarise the whole essay
Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the arguments for & against
Actually answer the question - what do you think?!
This will then be peer assessed - and then we will repeat the process and then I will mark it
During this time:
You must be silent - talking = a distraction
You must be as focused as possible
You must work within the time