Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Biography of Malala Yousafzai
Transcript of Biography of Malala Yousafzai
Name: Malala Yousafzai
- Father entered name in the register shortly after Malala was born, which defied the Taliban system as only sons were recognized.
Goal & Accomplishments
Malala's goal is to bring education to girls around the world who are denied it.
July 12, 1997
- Malala Yousafzai was born.
September 1, 2008
- Her father took her to a protest against the attacks on girls' schools.
- She gave her first speech, only 11 years old.
January 3, 2009
- Malala began to write a blog from the point of view and about being a Pakistani girl, under the pseudonym of Gul Makai.
December 1, 2011
- She wins Pakistan's National Youth Peace Prize, which is renamed in her honor, becoming a national heroine.
October 9, 2012
- Malala is stopped in her school bus by two masked gunman and shot in the head.
- Rushed to a UK hospital for further treatment.
December 1, 2012
- The president of Pakistan announced that he was establishing a fund in Malala's name for 10 million dollars.
Affect on others/ Impact
Her affect on others is amazing. Since she is reckoned to be the voice for about 31 million other girls without education, her act of defiance against the Taliban showed people everywhere how much power their voices have.
- She has co-authored a book called " I am Malala".
- Was runner-up for the Nobel Peace Prize
- Won Pakistan's National Youth Peace Prize.
- Named after a heroine who helped defeat the British against Pakistan.
- The Taliban tried to silence her voice for girls education rights by shooting her in the head.
Born: July 12, 1997
" We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced."
~ Malala Yousafzai
So this is the story of Malala and how she ' stepped up'. She is a role model for people everywhere and has made her mark in history starting with a small act.
" In trying to silence her voice, they only made it louder. And stronger. And heard by many."
How will you step up?
Be confident. Be you. Step up.