Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Placemat: "What is Regnum Christi?"
Transcript of Copy of Placemat: "What is Regnum Christi?"
The Regnum Christi Movement is an ecclesial movement of apostolate at the service of the Church that seeks to establish Christ's Kingdom by means of: Holiness according to their state of life and personal and organized apostolic action that strives to bring Christ to reign in the hearts of men and women and society.
Vibrant, frequent sacramental life
Annual full-weekend retreat
Obedience to Catholic teaching and discipline
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in me and I in him will bear much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5)
Following Christ's New Commandment: "Love one another as I have loved you" (John 15:12)
Being Christ's apostle at all times in word, deed, and example
Helping others to embrace Christ's friendship and become his apostles
Investing time, talent, and treasure, to evangelize culture
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations!" (Matthew 28:14)
Help for this...
Plugging in to parish activities
with existing apostolates
Need clearer, simpler
LCs not inviting
weak identity in sections
Consecrated Lay Women and Men
Legionaries of Christ
Striving to Build
CHOOSE, out of love...
...to make building
Christ's Kingdom in society the central, driving principle
of their lives.
"Encounter with Christ"
on a regular basis
"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them" (Matthew 18:20)
a.k.a "ecclesial Movement"
We seek to know,
love, and imitate
Christ a little bit better
We seek to create
team life and
We believe in the
importance of personalized
Working for the Church
or the Movement
Our Motto Is:
"Thy Kingdom Come!"
A tool (pamphlet) to help us
talk about the Movement
("Regnum Christi" = "Christ's Kingdom")
Through a Triple
* January 3, 1941 Legionaries of Christ founded in Mexico City.
* 1969 Regnum Christi begins
* June 29, 1983 Constitutions of LC officially approved by Church.
* November 26, 2004 RC statutes officially approved
* May 2006, after a long canonical investigation, Fr Maciel is removed from public ministry due to sexual abuse.
* January 2008 Fr Maciel passes away
* July 9, 2010 Cardinal Velasio de Paolis is appointed as Apostolic Delegate to the Legionaries of Christ to aid in their renewal process.
* Rooted in the Father’s Love
* Centered on Christ
* In the Heart of the Church
* Rooted in Charity
* Driven by the Mission
* Of Prayer and Action, “Contemplative and Conquering”
* Of the Cross and Self-Denial Based on Love
* Of the New Man and New Woman
* With Mary our Mother
A Catholic Spiritual Family, striving to build Christ's Kingdom in society through a triple commitment to holiness, community, and apostolate.
* God loves me with an everlasting love
* Because I love God, I love his will above all else
* My passion is Christ
* Because I love Christ, I fulfill my mission in the Church
* Because I love Christ, I contribute to a civilization of justice and love
* My life is short and my destiny is eternity
* Mary my Mother, accompanies, inspires and upholds me
A Brief History