Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Hero's Journey
Transcript of The Hero's Journey
that is normal, comfortable,
to the hero.
Crossing the First Threshold
The hero must leave his/her
world and journey into unfamiliar territory. The hero is met with the first
that begins the journey.
Meeting with the Goddess
The hero meets a
the hero to continue the journey.
The hero is gravely
and may appear to have died, or someone close to him/her
Crossing the Return Threshold
The hero attempts to return
, but first must face the
- often called the "gatekeeper" or "threshold guardian."
The Known World
The Unknown World
The Hero's Journey
Call to Adventure
The hero becomes
- usually signaled by another character, "the herald."
Refusal of the Call
The hero at first chooses not to move forward because of their
The hero is guided by a
or magical guide/teacher and/or given a powerful
Road of Trials
A series of challenges and
that helps the hero to improve his/her character and become more
or battles against his/her own
The hero is being
or must try to
from those he has angered on his journey,
Master of Two Worlds
The hero has found him/herself and now
. The hero is a balanced character and in
. The hero no longer fears change, but instead has learned to live in the moment. The hero has
himself, and the world appears to be
Answering the Call
happens that motivates the hero to change his mind and
The hero is
who will become helpful to the quest.
found in myths, stories, and legends.
A basic storytelling
that is used over and over again.
First described as "The Heroic Monomyth" by Joseph Campell.