Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Assessment of the Curriculum in Diploma in Midwifery and Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
Transcript of Assessment of the Curriculum in Diploma in Midwifery and Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
1.1 give the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy,
1.2 labor and post-partum period;
1.3 manage normal deliveries on her own responsibility and care for the child.
2. Specifically, graduates of the 2-year program are expected to:
2.1 perform primary health care services within the community (promotive and preventive care);
2.2 counsel and educate women, family and community regarding family planning including preparation for parenthood/parenting;
2.3 detect abnormal conditions in the mother and infant;
2.4 procure specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral). 1. Develop higher level competencies of a midwife as a health care provider: educator, researcher, supervisor and health care facility manager /entrepreneur.
2. Specifically, this enables the graduates to:
2.1 give the necessary supervision, care and advice to high-risks parturient;
2.2 execute emergency measures in the absence of medical practitioners;
2.3 provide family planning services;
2.4 provide Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) services;
2.5 manage MCH clinics at the community level;
2.6 facilitate community organizing and social mobilization for community development;
2.7 engage in independent, entrepreneurial health activities including management of primary health care facilities;
2.8 implement/manage midwifery programs;
2.9 perform other health related functions as may be deemed necessary by appropriate agency. Job Opportunities Diploma in Midwifery
1. Staff Midwife
2. Domiciliary Midwife
3. Rural Health Midwife
4. Clinical Instructor
Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
4. Health Facility Administrator
6. Entrepreneur/Clinic Owner/Manager
7. Health Program Manager Admission Requirements FRESHMEN
1. Original Card (Form 138)
2. Certificate of Good Moral Character from HS Principal or Guidance Counselor
3. Three (3) 1 x 1 ID pictures with green background
4. Photocopy of Marriage Certifcate for married female students
5. Photocopy of Birth Certificate
additional for Nursing & Health Sciences
6. CBC, Urinalysis, Fecalysis, Hepatitis Screening (HBS) Chest X-Ray
7. Physical Examination conducted by NCF Physician
Grade Requirements To qualify for promotion to the next level, a student should:
1.Pass all subjects in the current level
2.A Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.50 in the preceding semesters
3.Have no failing/dropped grade in any subjects of the previous semester
4.Have not been subjected to any disciplinary action
Subjects deleted Tesda Courses: Caregiver, Healthcare Services, Barangay Health Services, Medical Transcription, Emergency Medical Services
Modified: Health Informatics
Introduction to Information Technology