Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
On the road to 2012...
Transcript of On the road to 2012...
and of co-operatives. formation growth stability To learn more about the UN's plans for the International Year of Co-operatives visit: http://social.un.org/coopsyear International Co-operative Alliance GOAL: Raise public awareness and visibility of co-operatives. The ICA is collaborating with the United Nations on the development of the official IYC logo and theme. IYC theme: Co-operative enterprises build a better world. Logo: Still to be announced! CANADA AND 2012 Canadian Priorities 1) Raise the awareness and profile of co-operatives. OUR GOAL: 2) Build the co-operative movement and its capacity. 3) Build co-operative legacies that will last long after the end of the IYC. Desired Outcomes Planned
Activities COMMUNICATIONS GOVERNMENT RELATIONS EVENTS YOUTH & EDUCATION To best focus our 2012 efforts, CCA will concentrate on the following: Collaborations CCA & CCCM CCA & The Rural and Co-operatives Secretariat Government Affairs Congress 2012 Communications canada2012.coop 2012 National Committee Inter-departmental collaboration National co-operative policy framework Literature distribution at major events GET INVOLVED Events IYC Launch Event Co-op Week 2012 Congress 2012 in collaboration with CCCM
co-operative research meeting to be held at the same time
large event International Day of Co-operatives JULY 7, 2012 Communications Canada 2012 website (CCA specific section)
2012 Matters (newsletter)
Survey of Canadian attitudes towards co-operatives Government Relations lobby days 2011/2012
educational events at Parliament Hill
assistance to provincial associations to lobby provincial governments
visits to MPs from co-op and credit union members GOAL: Resolutions passed by all levels of government that support co-operatives. YOUTH 2012 Youth Action Plan Led by National Youth Caucus A N D Get everyone you know excited about the International Year of Co-operatives What are your plans for 2012? http://www.ica.coop/activities/iyc/ Les coopératives, des entreprises pour un monde meilleur. October 14-20, 2012 January 2012 June 2012 To ensure that co-ops and credit unions across Canada are aware of the IYC and make it fostering pride among co-operative members and employees. THEIR OWN International Year of Co-operatives Meeting Objectives national co-op sector committee On January 1, 2013: What will be different for co-ops and credit unions? In your community Ways to get involved: In your co-op or credit union As a co-operator To contact CCA about 2012 initiatives: Tanya Gracie
+1(613)238-6711x243 Share your ideas
Continue this conversation at: http://youriycideas.wordpress.com/ Genrate excitement Get thinking about the possibilities In community
As an individual co-operator YOUR YOUR Make connections throughout the country • IYC is YOUR year—this is a opportunity to be proud of YOUR co-op or credit union
• We need to leverage our size, diversity and impact!
• Raise awareness: global networks link co-operators in Canada and around the world
• Co-operatives play a key role in strengthening
communities, and reducing poverty in developing countries
• Increase knowledge and understanding of co-operatives among politicians and government officials
• Generate coverage of the IYC in the media • Join or start a local IYC committee
• Engage local media and elected officials
• Connect with your provincial association
• Think about legacy projects: new partnerships, new events • Use 2012 as a new promotional angle, and consider promoting via: banners,
sales receipts, product packaging, websites, etc.
• Make 2012 IYC the theme of your organizational events, and AGM
• Raise awareness with staff and members
• Think about legacy projects: new product or service Choose co-ops! Use co-op and credit union products and services in your community In 2012, CDF and the CCA International Development Program will achieve
greater awareness among Canadians of how co-ops are reducing poverty
increased financial support for CCA’s ID work
stronger co-ops in less-developed countries