Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Algeria

This is a presentation on the great country of Algeria!!!
by

Joseph Simeon

on 6 April 2013

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Algeria

ALGERIA Religion The Facts 10JS Food Natural Resources Sport Algerian Students Border? Also known as Algérie
Capital: Algiers
Located in the continent of Africa; North Africa
Population: 37,100,000
Area: 2,381,741 km2 and is the largest country in Africa and is 10th in the whole world. 99% of Algerians are Muslim whilst the other 1% are Christian
Out of these Christians, there are Jews and Protestants Algeria is bordered on the west by Morocco as well as Western Sahara. It is also bordered on the east by Tunisia and Libya. The Mediterranean sea is to the north, and to the south are Mali, and Niger. £1.00 = 121.651 Algerian Dinar Arabic Abdelaziz Bouteflika Algeria Flags of North Africa What Do You Think Of Algeria? A L G E R I A Athletics, handball and football (soccer) are the most popular sports in Algeria. Ahmed
Ouyahia Algeria Iron Algeria 's Natural resources include:
Petroleum
Natural gas
Iron ore
Phosphates
Uranium
Lead
Zinc Handball Athletics Algerian Football Team Ryad- I love Algeria!! The people are amazing and the different types of sports are great. There is a huge sense of unity and respect! Zohir- Algeria is a fantastic place; from the Mediterranean beaches to the central streets, truly a traditional and homely place. Algeria produces a lot of Mediterranean fruits and vegetables as well as tropical fruits. Lamb is commonly eaten. Mediterranean seafood and fish is also eaten. Merguez- A spicy sausage Asida- A traditional dessert Chakhchoukha Extra Facts
The French invaded Algeria in 1830.
The battles were very violent.
Algeria achieved independence from France in 1962.
Algeria has very hot days yet very cold nights.
It is very sandy in Algeria; this is because the Sahara Desert runs right through the country.
70% of the population live in the northern coastal areas of the country. The Sahara Desert Algerian Coast President: Abdelaziz Bouteflika
Prime Minister: Ahmed Ouyahia Official Language: Mainly Arabic Currency: Algerian dinar Oil Reserve in Algeria Algeria Thank You For Listening Joseph A Yaren Alba Aytan Ashleigh Charly Patryk Joshua Ravi Christopher Sara Kelechi Lucy Sharon Izzet (Deniz) Surafel Kain Ryad Reece Aristote Nat Adrian Joseph S
Full transcript