Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Subject-Verb Agreement
Subject receives the action Verb should always agree with the subject in number Singular subjects take singular verbs Plural subjects take plural verbs example: They are talking. example: He is going to the store. The number of the subject is not changed by a phrase following the subject. A collective noun is singular in form but names a group of persons or things. A collective noun takes a singular verb when the noun refers to the group as a unit. A collective noun takes a plural verb when the noun refers to the parts or members of the group. example: The family IS going on a vaction to Florida for the summer.
(family=a unit) example: The family ARE getting into the van.
(family=individual family members) Collective Nouns:
Army, Club, Flock, Public,
Assembly, Committee, Group,
Squad, Audience, Majority,
Crew, Herd, Staff, Band,