Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Subject-Verb Agreement
Subject receives the action Verb should always agree with the subject in number Singular subjects take singular verbs Plural subjects take plural verbs example: They are talking. example: He is going to the store. The number of the subject is not changed by a phrase following the subject. A collective noun is singular in form but names a group of persons or things. A collective noun takes a singular verb when the noun refers to the group as a unit. A collective noun takes a plural verb when the noun refers to the parts or members of the group. example: The family IS going on a vaction to Florida for the summer.
(family=a unit) example: The family ARE getting into the van.
(family=individual family members) Collective Nouns:
Army, Club, Flock, Public,
Assembly, Committee, Group,
Squad, Audience, Majority,
Crew, Herd, Staff, Band,