Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Morrow et al. VMBRDs 2014
Transcript of Morrow et al. VMBRDs 2014
Is a band a startup?
Some bands can be considered ‘startups’ because of the ambiguity surrounding the term ‘novel’ in definitions of artistic creativity. Because of this ambiguity, some bands are operating in circumstances of extreme uncertainty.
What is the nature of the relationship between band startups and cultural intermediaries?
Ries (2011) defines a startup as:
"A human institution designed to create a new product or service under conditions of extreme uncertainty" (27).
Creativity involves making useful, ‘novel’ products
Novelty in terms of artistic creativity is more open ended than novelty generated in other fields.
Cutting out the intermediaries
A better way to conceptualise career development ...
A circular model