Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Language and the Individual
Transcript of Language and the Individual
Is Spanglish a language ?
This weeks task:
1. a mixed or hybrid language or dialect
2. the specialized vocabulary and idioms of those in the same work, profession,
"I'm surfing the web using the hot spot and I'm getting a 404 error, I think it is because of my firewall.
How do people use one or more languages in various contexts to express their individual identity?
How do individuals define themselves according to the practices of a community?
We will explore several texts, from poems to ads, to see how people use language to express their uniqueness.
The process of moving back and forth between one language and another within the same conversation.
¿Qué va a comer hoy?
A ham and cheese sandwich
Is the result of mixing two languages or language varieties in speech. They have to be grammatically consistent
¡Que bien ride!
A mixed language, or jargon originally developed for purposes of trade, incorporating the vocabulary
of one or more languages with a very simplified form of the grammatical system of one of these.
The method of human communication, either spoken or written, consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way.