Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of History
Willem of Orange
The Dutch Golden Age
Are there any questions?
By Elena, Marleen, Myrthe and Daniel
The Dutch Revolt
Envy and wonder.
VOC (Verenigde Oostindische Campagnie) 1602
WIC (West-Indische Campagnie) 1621
By 1650 the Dutch : the largest importers and distributors.
Dutch painters tried their skill on other subjects like: portraits or flower pieces.
1567, outbreaks of violence
Alva took over the government
He set up councils to keep control
'Councils of Blood'
Alva had total control
He demanded more taxes to pay the soldiers
More people were ready to join a revolt
Invasion in 1568
Raising an army and capturing Brill
Becoming a Stadholder
Union of Arras and Union of Utrecht
Increasing in population
The bank of Amsterdam
Towards a republic
"The Father of the Country"
Allow religious toleration
Provinces during the Dutch revolt
Green Booklet ch. 1
Green Booklet ch.2
Green Booklet ch.3
army ( 60 000 spanish soldiers)
Anjou and William of Orange.
Leicester fails ( Johan van Oldenbaarneveld )
Maurice of Nassau
Peace between provinces??