Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Natural selection 2010-11
Transcript of Natural selection 2010-11
2. inherited traits
3. over production of offspring
4. Struggle for survival.
ask students too walk through - and give examples pull sticks
We need to find mutations!!!
Natural Selection and
Now talk about how
we got from 1 to 2
Definition for Evolution?
Change in allele frequency from generation to generation.
Change in the dominant traits from parent to offspring.
These results were selected for by humans
Each generation a little more of what people were looking for. Small changes in the allele frequency.
What other things are the result of
artificial selection or selective breeding?
Look it up.
So if humans can affect the change
in an organism why can't nature.
Name an animal that fits nicely into its environment.
method for catching food
methods for avoiding capture
Steps to Natural selection
1. Genetic variation
everyone is different.
2. Overproduction of offspring - more babies are produced than can survive.
3. Inherited traits - the ones that survive pass on their traits to their offspring.
So how do new types of traits start.
What does survival of the fittest mean?
Best suited for
Which also means