Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
close reading (song)
Transcript of close reading (song)
CLOSE READING (SONG)
BY: AUSTIN FEE AND STEWART KELLER
THE SONG THAT WE CHOSE TO ANALYZE AND PRESENT WAS "PHOTOGRAPH" BY NICKELBACK.
Chad Kroeger. (Lead Singer)
The reaction and the emotions given off from looking at old photographs inspired this song to be written.
Nickelback fans and/or people who are going through an emotional/reflective phase in their life.
To express the emotion that was created from looking at old and memorable photographs through lyrics.
Memories and Emotions that were created from photographs that are significant to Chad Kroeger.
My first impression of this song was that Nickelback was looking through old photographs that take him back to his roots. He seems to cherish the photographs because they bring back good memories.
In conclusion, I believe that this song was made to express the emotions that were created from the speaker viewing photographs that are significant to him and his life. The audience benefits from this interpretation because it enables the listener to connect with the speaker, and literally feel what he was feeling at the time. It helps us see the bigger picture when it comes to this specific song.
MUSIC VIDEO & HOW IT AFFECTED OUR INTERPRETATION
The music video was a huge help in finding the true meaning of this song. The video provided with great visuals, as it displayed the photographs that inspired the song to be written, and it also included the settings of the photographs, which helped me connect to the song even more.
THINGS THAT STOOD OUT TO US
- Nickelback did a great job at expressing his emotion through lyrics, by saying things such as "Oh god" and "I can't believe it."
- Nickelback made it evident that he was eager to relive the moments that were portrayed in the photographs, by saying "I wonder if it's too late" and "It's hard to say it, time to say it, goodbye, goodbye."
- The tone of Chad Kroeger's voice was very uplifting, and contributed to the mood of the song.
QUESTIONS WORTH EXPLORING
1. What makes a memory so powerful and meaningful?
2. How does one "relive" past experiences?
3. Is it "healthy" to reminisce on past experiences?
The main idea of this song is "reflection." This is because throughout the whole song, the lyrics always revolve around the viewing of the photographs, as well as the emotions that come with it. As the speaker analyzes the photographs, he begins to reflect on his past, and he comes to the realization that memories are very powerful, and can affect you emotionally.
Statement of Meaning: Reflecting on one's past can bring back a diverse mixture of emotions, feelings and thoughts.