Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
C. Harris/ E.L. Ullman
Transcript of C. Harris/ E.L. Ullman
Bridge between American and Russian Geographers in the 1950's
Wrote "The Nature of Cities" with Edward Ullman
Described the Multiple Nuclei Model
Explains how many 20th century American cities operate Chauncey Harris Urban Land Use Edward Louis Ullman Born: (1912 - 1976)
Suggested that trade was an interaction based on three phenomena: complementarity, intervening opportunities, and transferability of commodities.
The level of interaction can be measured by the gravity model of trade. People have greater movment based increased car ownership.
The bigger the population, the bigger the city gets and the more nodes are created
Cities within nodes
Each node compliments another
ex. college campus has a bookstore or cofee shop next to it. Multiple Nuclei Model http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/040108/obit-harris.shtml