Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Interpreting Quotations and Proverbs
Transcript of Interpreting Quotations and Proverbs
2. Where there's a will there's a way.
3. "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." (Gandhi)
4. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." (Eleanor Roosevelt, former first lady of the United States) Review, summarizing, and interpreting Introducing Chapter 6 Summarizing Main idea
"short and sweet is hard to beat" What does this mean? Summarize your composition
cut up the best parts with your group
make a new composition with your group
Summarize your new composition with someone from a different group Use clustering to generate ideas about your quotation
Compare your cluster with your group
Talk about your ideas
Share your examples
Interpret your proverb How would you INTERPRET this proverb? Take a look at sample 2, pg 113 How is it organized?
pg. 118 one extended example (narration)
several examples or reasons (Restaurant composition)
parallel points (points belonging to the same category - Hobby composition) Homework: Choose a proverb or a quotation
practice 1, pg.117
Identify which organization technique you are using
Use "indirect" transitions - link, connect your ideas (pg.99)
Take a look at pg.119 for supporting details
Use clustering to organize you ideas (hand-in)
Make an outline, pg.117 (hand-in)
1 page, typed (hand-in)
Final draft NEXT WEEK!