Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Halloween
1. What do you call a witch who lives on the beach?
2. Who was the most famous skeleton detective?
3. Who was the most famous French skeleton?
4. What is a vampire's favourite holiday?
* fang - iltis
5. Why did Dracula go to the dentist?
He had a fang-ache.
6. What do witches use in their hair?
The Most Terrifyingly Creepy Places From Around The World
Old Jewish Cemetery in Prague
Dates back to 1478
Now there are 12 layers of graves stacked on top on each other.
There are about 12,000 visible tombstones but over 100,000 people buried there.
Hanging Coffins, Philippines
Tribes used to bury their dead in hanging coffins, attached to the sides of cliffs to bring them closer to their ancestral spirits
Abandoned city of Pripyat, Ukraine
Completely abandoned now, this city had a population of almost 50,000 before being evacuated shortly after the Chernobyl nuclear accident.
Island of the Dolls in Mexico
A caretaker of this island found a drowned girl. To show respect and support for her spirit, he hung a doll that was floating in water. For 50 years, until he drowned in the same waters, he continued hanging dolls and now it is a tourist attraction that visitors keep adding to.
Hashima Island in Japan
This small island was set up as a mining facility and was home to thousands until the coal ran out in 1974 and it was quickly abandoned.
Chapel of Bones in Portugal
This chapel contains the bones of 5000 monks and there are 2 bodies hanging from ropes, (one of them is a child)
Cambridge Military Hospital in England
This hospital was in use from 1878 until 1996 when it was closed due to high costs and asbestos in the walls.
Suicide Forest in Japan
Aokigahara is a forest at the base of Mount Fuji where over 500 people have gone to commit suicide since the 1950s. Officials put up signs with messages like, “Your life is a precious gift from your parents,” and “Please consult with the police before you decide to die,” to prevent people from killing themselves.
Abandoned House of the Communist Party in Bulgaria
Abandoned psychiatric hospital in Parma, Italy
The church of bones in the Czech Republic
Red Army Military Hospital, Germany
Hill of Crosses in Lithuania
City of the Dead in Russia
Discuss in pairs.
1. The scariest place(s)?
2. Would you like to visit any of them? Why?
3. Can you think of similar places?
Have fun on Halloween!