Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Water Harvesting
Life won't be possible without water
• Decreases the pollution load from streets
• Pre-treatment for storage and filters
• Conventional tube connectors easy fit
• Comes armed to the site and ready for installation
• Control of excess rain
• Storage , infiltrate and reuse storm water
• Rainwater infiltration
• Control and treatment of urban runoff
• It is located under areas where there is traffic, providing additional provision of free area,
• Flood prevention
• Flow control structures detention
• Capture and floating trash control
• Erosion control
• Reduce storm water storage required by up to 40%
• Up to 50% savings on project cost
•Commercial and industrial use
• Attaches "in line" with iron pipes, steel or plastic
• High flow treatment
• High capacity on-stream
• Low cost
Seaweed use for wastewater treatment
Cluster development in the different areas that make up the country
The area selected for our cluster is Mexico City and Metropolitan Area.
Availability of resources in Mexico City
.For the rainwater system in Mexico is necessary to know where to place the system, we choose Mexico City to place it especially because in here we can find all the resources needed in the implementation of the system.
The Earth Charter
Mexico's commitment to sustainability
Green Business: The agreement for a sustainable Mexico
The main points
Efficent use of resources
Establishment of public policies
and new opportunities
to large companies and PYMEs, promoting sustainable entreprenurial culture.
United Nations, Mexico : The Millenium development goals
& reverse the loss of environmental resources
Reduce biodiversity's loss by
reduction in rate loss.
safe water drinking
Captation Area: Place where rainwater runoffs are storage before their final disposition.
“seek to inspire in all peoples a sense of global interdependence and shared responsibility for the well-being of the human family, the greater community of life and future generations”.
It´s the set of gutters or pipes of different materials and shapes that lead the rainwater catchment to thee storage system.
Before of conducting the water to the storage tanks is recommendable to place a device which removes and filters all the possible pollutants that water could carry as it passes through the surfaces.
Modular systems in which pluvial water is storage, they can be situated above or below grand.
In sum of the two, having a total of 24,026,942 inhabitants.
Mexico City has problems with lack of water in:
, Benito Juarez,
Tláhuac , Tlalpan and Venustiano Carranza.
State of Mexico has problem with lack of water in:
Ocoyoacac , Huixquilucan , Naucalpan ,
Atizapán de Zaragoza,
Focused in companies and business buildings
One clear example...
Car dealership operating since 2009
Is the use and processing of nutrients to biomass, with subsequent production of oxygen.
- Power generation
- Improve sludge treatment
- Diminish contaminants wastewater.
- Enable the improvement of effluent quality.
- Low energy cost and utilization of nutrients.
Types of treatment systems
- Not aerated pool.
- Oxidation ponds: (30 to 60m).
- Ponds with high oxidation rate
- Oxidation algae ponds.
Case of Success
- SOLIX company (2009)
- Southwestern Colorado, U.S.
- 150,000 liters of microalgae cultivation.
Institutions, Government Organizations and Universities in Mexico