Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Glocalization
Economic Incentives $$$
are the main driving force behind Globalization (Featherstone, 1995; Robertson, 1990) Tension arises with the onslaught of global products in local markets vs. Solution
"Where the dynamics of the local in the global and the global in the local can be found" (Appadurai, 1990) In order for global products to be successful in foreign markets, they have to be accepted by the local audience
(It should be noted that media play a heavy role in this process) Main Examples:
MTV (Cho & Chung, 2009)
Nike (Kobayashi, 2012)
Pokemon (Servaes & Lie, 2008)
Coca-Cola & McDonalds (Chuang, 2000)
Indian Television (McMillin, 2009)
African Radio (Mudhai, 2008) MTV NIKE COCA-COLA Global Ronald Bollywood Beauty k By Shalom Cox Globalization + Localization = Hybrid Culture Glocalization :
A positive approach to the merging of cultures. THE