Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Candy Waterfall By:Christopher and Brandon
Transcript of Candy Waterfall By:Christopher and Brandon
Determine how the size of different granular materials affects their mass flow rate through a funnel.
Our hypothesis is the rice is going flow the fastest
Cardboard box, medium-sized
Kitchen scale that can measure in grams;
Cup or mug for scooping granular materials candy, rice
1. First we cut out a hole in the box.
2. Then we placed the funnel into the whole in the box.
3.Then we put the mixing bowl under the box.
nerds 5 seconds
rice 25 seconds
Our hypothesis was wrong because we said the rice would flow the fastest. Well the nerds went down the fastest. If we were to do this experiment again we would like to have a bigger funnel so the candy and rice can slide through easier.
Trials run for each substance: 1
Trial times- Skittles: 19sec.
Average time: 49sec.