Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of The Lost Symbol
Transcript of Copy of The Lost Symbol
Written By Dan Brown
This book is perfect for people who love mystery and thriller, with every chapter there is a new twist in the story.
Moreover, the topic and all the historical references give the book an spectacular veracity.
This Presentation Created By
Juan Pablo Merchán
- Langdon deciphers the puzzle on the pyramid and arrives at Mal'akh's house with Katherine to rescue Peter
- Mal'akh ambushes Langdon and takes the pyramid
- He then proceeds to torture Langdon until he tells him the solution
- Langdon confesses and Mal'akh takes Peter to the location indicated by the pyramid, a temple, leaving the dying Langdon and Katherine behind
- The C.I.A. arrive and rescue Langdon and Katherine
- They go after Mal'akh in time to stop him from releasing footage of the Masons and completing his ritual to become a god
- The C.I.A. helicopter crashes through the temple, and the glass impales Mal'akh, killing him
- Before Mal'akh dies, he tells Peter that he is his son, Zachary, who was believed to be killed in prison years before
- The ancient source of power is hidden in every human, and the Bible, like other religious books, tell always this but with the years we lost the true meaning.
Robert Langdon (Main Character) - Professor At Harvard
- Robert Langdon is called down to D.C. to give a speech for the nation's top individuals
- Nobody is there and he gets a call from a kidnapper who claims he has Robert's good friend Peter Solomon captive
- The C.I.A. arrive to "help" Robert recover Peter, insisting on following the kidnapper's orders of wanting a capstone to a pyramid
- Head of C.I.A. attempts to arrest Langdon because she assumes he has the kidnapper's ransom
- Langdon denies and runs away from her, taking with him Katherine Solomon, a good friend and sister of Peter
- Mal'akh, the kidnapper, is a member of the group called Freemasons and wants to find the pyramid and capstone in order to obtain an ancient source of power
- Mal'akh also killed Peter's mother several years ago, but Peter is unaware of this
- Mal'akh lures Katherine to her laboratory, and destroys it because he thinks her research is to too closely related to his objective
The process of a man becoming a god, which is what the pyramid supposedly guards
Dan Brown is an American author known for his thriller novels. His works include "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons". He was born in Exeter, New Hampshire. When he was young, he had a brief music career, but eventually became inspired to write thriller books during a vacation in Tahiti. His first three books had little success, but "The Da Vinci Code" became a New York Best Seller.
“The only difference between you and God is that you have forgotten you are divine.”
“Sometimes all it takes is a tiny shift of perspective to see something familiar in a totally new light.”
“Time is a river...and books are boats. Many volumes start down that stream, only to be wrecked and lost beyond recall in its sands. Only a few, a very few, endure the testings of time and live to bless the ages following.”
Professor Robert Langdon is a fictional Harvard University professor of religious iconology and symbology
The character was created by author Dan Brown for his novels
Angels & Demons (2000), The Da Vinci Code (2003), The Lost Symbol (2009) and Inferno (2013)
Mickey Mouse watch
Known for a brilliant problem-solving mind and his genius
Langdon has an eidetic memory.
. As a hobby it is specifically mentioned that Langdon is a great swimmer and swam laps (50) daily, a "morning ritual,"
Raised as Catholic, but that he will never understand God; in A&D, he mentions to Camerlengo that faith is a gift he has yet to receive.
Secrets in Washington DC
Development of Robert Langdom
"The Lost symbol"