Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How different lengths and types of sentences affect the mood
Transcript of How different lengths and types of sentences affect the mood
What is a sentence?
a sentence is a set of words that is
complete in itself, usually containing
a subject and predicate.
Three different Types:
a set of words that is complete
in itself, usually containing
a subject and predicate
What's a sentence?
A sentence only consisting of one clause(),with a single subject and predicate.
Example: Jessica and Alex are shooting hoops after school.
This sentence show the quickness of the sentence. It shows that the sentence is less important
A compound sentence contains two independent
clauses joined by a coordinate conjunction or semicolon,
Example: Jessica and Alex are shooting hoops after school, but have to be in by nine.
A complex sentence is a sentence that has one simple sentence and one or more clauses which are connected to the simple sentence using words such as
because, although,or which.
Example :Jessica and Alex are shooting hoops after school
their parents have told them to come home at 10:00 to complete their homework.
They both slow down the pace you read it at. It shows the seriousness of the sentence. It also shows how ridiculous or silliness the sentence is.
1. The singer waved as the audience applauded but, did not give an encore.
2. Alex like to ride his bike at night.
3. When Alicia finished her song, the crowd gave her a standsing ovation.