Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Covalent bonding
when other atoms react, they try to achieve noble gas structures.
As well as achieving noble gas structures by transferring electrons from one atom to another as in ionic bonding, it is also possible for atoms to reach these stable structures by sharing electrons to give covalent bonds.
Each _________ is e____________y a__________ to the s_______ _____ of __________s. THAT is a _________ bond.
Methane, Ammonia and water
A covalent bond, is a chemical bond that involves the sharing of electron pairs between atoms. These electron pairs are known as shared pairs or bonding pairs, and the stable balance of attractive and repulsive forces between atoms, when they share electrons, is known as covalent bonding.
Write the formula of Potassium Hydrogen Phosphate-5-water
SL/HL To know how covalent bonding occurs
SL/HL To know the variety of covalent bonds that can exist
15th June 2016
Bond length and strength and electronegativity
Watch the board