Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Unit 4 Week 2
Transcript of Unit 4 Week 2
Write down the following in your notes section.
- With a semicolon, however, a moderate pause replaces the lengthier pause of the period.
- The two statements are separated by a period.
- The most common way to use a semicolon is to connect two independent clauses.
1. Semicolon Notes
2. Review LT
5. The Chronicle...
I can identify central idea and supporting details.
Describe a time or a time you know of when you were forced to leave a place. Where was the place? Why did you have to leave? How did it make you feel?
1. Write down the definition
2. Identify two to three synonyms 3. Write an original sentence
The Chronicle of the Discovery and Conquest of Guinea
1. Read each section.
2. Complete the reading guide questions.
Identify and explain the overall mood of the article.
Complete #s 4-5
Page 2 - Section 1
Complete #s 6 and 7
- sentence per box on your own paper
Page 2 Section 2
Complete #s 8-10
1. Exercising helps to keep you healthy and fit proper nutrition is also important.
2. I believe there are 3 things to achieving good grades: paying attention in class doing your homework and listening to the teacher.
3. I like going fishing I don’t like putting worms on hooks!
4. Red is my favorite color I like wearing blue sometimes.
Insert a semicolon in the correct place in the sentence.
1. Exercising helps to keep you healthy and fit; proper nutrition is
2. I believe there are 3 things to achieving good grades: paying
attention in class; doing your homework; and listening to the
3. I like going fishing; I don’t like putting worms on hooks!
4. Red is my favorite color; I like wearing blue sometimes.
Do Now Review
1. Do Now
2. Review LT
4. The Conquest of Guinea
5. Exploration Documents Assignment
I can evaluate a non-fiction text.
Age of Exploration Documents Assignment
• Complete the vocabulary for selected text
• Select either the “Two Views” or “Letter of Christopher Columbus”
Tone and Mood
Identify a Tone/Mood and Textual Evidence
• Often times non-fiction text will have more than on central idea. After reading the selection identify two central ideas the writers present.
• Create a Simile and a Metaphor
• We use similes and metaphors to describe things by comparing them to other things.
- Select two sentences that you will change into a simile and metaphor
• Complete a plot diagram for your text.
• Your audience should be able to understand
the overall events that occurred during the
Describe a time when you discovered something new. What was the item, place or person? How did you discover it? How did it make you feel?
2. Turn in Do Now, Journals and Bye-Bye-Blurbs
1. Turn in Vocab