Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Angela Chardeen
Telegraph and Morse Code
Samuel Morse was born on April 27, 1791 and died on April 2, 1872. He was an american inventor and painter who invented the telegraph and Morse Code along with other inventors.
The telegraph works by transmitting electrical signals from place to place. The 1st telegraph message happened in 1844. It was from Washington D.C. to Baltimore, Maryland. The next telegraph was from the Atlantic Ocean from the U.S., to Europe.
There was a fallen out of widespread by the 21st century. People started to create different things that would work better/easier. The telephone, fax machine, and internet then replaced the telegraph.
This was created in 1830.Morse code was developed for complex messages across telegraph lines. Alfred Vail, (another inventor) improved Morse Code. Then in 1851, the International Morse Code was devised. When this happened WWII, and the Korean and Vietnam wars used the international morse code during battle.
A N G E L A
._ _. __. . .__.. ._