Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Presume of Derek DeVries
Transcript of The Presume of Derek DeVries
DeVries Education Contact Professional
Career 2000 Grand Valley State University B.S., Communications - PRSSA Chapter
- Dean's List PRSSA National Conferences 1999, 2000 [Mr. Belding] Internships:
- Nancy Skinner & Associates
- J.W. Messner, Inc. Grand Valley State University M.S. Communications 2005 Staff Assistant | 2000-2001 Seyferth & Associates, Inc Roskam Bakery, BISSELL, Inc., McDonald’s, Universal Forest Products, North Ottawa Community Health System (NOCHS), The Detroit Medical Center, the Great Lakes Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, Grand Valley State University, Manatron, Grand Rapids Community College, and the West Michigan Strategic Alliance among others.
Copywriting, Research, Data Mining, New Media Design, Event Coordination/Staffing, Media Relations, Graphic Design, Web Design, Photography, Video Production, designing graphics and webpage material. Client
Accounts: duties: Grand Rapids Community College Communications Technology Manager | 2001-Present Crisis Management, Risk Management, Supplier Diversity, Web Advisory, IT Project Priority, Student Satisfaction, Catalog Committee, Academic Recruitment Marketing cross-functional Teams
On: Led teams through four iterations of grcc.edu website 2001 2005 2009 Developed project-specific sub-sites Viewbook Event Promotion Calendar Primary member of the Crisis Communication Team responsible for communicating with stakeholders during emergencies; participated in a number of crises ranging from inclement weather closings to bomb threats to a helicopter crash near campus. Managed GRCC Call Center (Switchboard), including as many as two full-time employees and four part-time student employees providing customer service to the college’s main phone line. New Media Development social media policy director / Trainer Media Relations Strateic Planning College-wide departmental GRCC Mascot program manager. Developed the college mascot, including coordinating logo design, trademarking and costume development. Also developed guidelines, hired and coordinated appearances by mascot performers. misc. DEVRIESCOMM@GMAIL.COM
PH: (616) 723-1073
LINKEDIN.COM/IN/DEREKDEVRIES Derek DeVries Publications / Presentations Affiliations Best Practices for Social Media Training World Pastry Cup Tryouts at GRCC Heritage Restaurant Winter 2012 Lunch Class GRCC in 2011 Retrospective Nations Cup Int'l Student Culinary Competition 2011 Presenting to Ferris State University PRSSA Students on Professional networking Social Media Seminar - 2012 NCMPR Nat'l Conf Online Reputation Management Feature | NCMPR "Counsel" Magazine AMA of West Michigan Higher Education Marketing Panel Grand Rapids Social Media Marketing Meetup Social Media in Higher Education Panel Social Media Policy Webinar for Paperclip Communications Social Media Strategy for Winning Toyota "100 Cars for Good" Competition for Kids' Food Basket Social Media Strategy for Ice Gurus Artprize Entry (Placed in Top 50) Most Recently... GRCC leveraged the popularity of local artisans Randy Finch and Derek Maxfield of Ice Sculptures, Inc to create a college-themed sculpture on display during Artprize. During the event, GRCC engaged the community through one-on-one conversations on site and live demonstrations by Finch and Maxfield (who also teach at GRCC). Gold PRoof Award 2012 Other I can fold sugar like a boss ... (not really) 2011 Social Media Strategy for Winning Toyota "100 Cars for Good" Competition for Family Promise GR 2011 2012 Graphic Identity grcc.edu/identity Illustrations