Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lantus Solostar Pen
Transcript of Lantus Solostar Pen
How to Use the Solostar Pen
Care, Storage, and Disposal of the Solostar Pen Check Your Pen. 1. Take off the pen cap.
2. Look at the insulin in the reservoir. Lantus is clear, so don't use the Lantus SoloStar pen if the insulin is cloudy, colored, or has particles in it. Before you use the pens: Keep them in the outer pakage in the refridgerator.
Don't let them freeze - this will damage the insulin. Don't put them back in the freezer or near a freezer pack.
Take one out of the refrigerator and let it warm up to room temperature an hour or two before you use it. Cold insulin can be more painful to inject. Care for Your Lantus SoloStar Once you use the pen:
Don't refrigerate it
You can continue to use it for up to 28 days
Store it safely at room temperature but not higher than 86F
Don't leave it anywhere it might overheat, such as a windowsill or a car parked in sunlight. And keep the pen away from sunlight as much as possible
After 28 days, throw it away, even if it still has insulin in it.
Don't use it after the expiration date printed on the label or carton.
Occasionally wipe it with a damp cloth to keep clean.
Don't run it under water or use any soap or solvents.