Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Anton R. -The Hunting Hat- Period 7
Transcript of Anton R. -The Hunting Hat- Period 7
What theme does the hat represent?
"He'd smacked my lip right on my teeth, and it was pretty sore. My earls were nice and warm, though. That hat I bought had earlaps in it, and I put them on-I didn't give a damn how I looked. Nobody was around anyway" (Salinger 53)
- Isolation by Leaving
-"Licking his Wounds"
Thanks For Your Attention!
- Isolating Himself With the Hat
-Unfriendly With the Taxi Driver
"We got to the Edmont Hotel, and I checked in. I'd put on my red hunting cap when I was in the cab, just for the hell of it, but I took it off before I checked in. I didn't want to look like a screwball or something." (Salinger 61)
"There was hardly any snow on the sidewalks. But it was freezing cold, and I took my red hunting hat out of my pokcet and put it on- I didn't give a damn how I looked. I even put the earlaps down" (Salinger 88)
- Just Left "Eddie's"
- Isolating himself from others by walking
- Protection against nature
" I took my old hunting hat out of my pocket while I walked, and put it on. I knew I wouldn't meet anybody that knew me, and it was pretty damp out." (Salinger 122)
- Thinking About Museum Visits
- Protection From Elements
- Retreat to the self