Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
World war 2
Transcript of World war 2
Evacuation began in 1940. Thousands of children were evacuated but sometimes their parents wanted to keep their children with them at home to make sure that they were safe. Where were children sent to?
They were usually sent to places such as Cornwall,Devon, Wales, the North East, Anglia and Scotland. Occasionally they were sent to other countries such as Canada, Australia and the United States. Funny fact!
Hundreds of children pitifully left their family's to go to their new life in the countryside. Sometimes when the war had ended their parents did not recognize them and would have to be persuaded that that was their child! World War II Evacuees by Teresa Macey-Dare What are these?
This is one of the posters that they used to persuade mothers to let their children to be evacuated. What happened in
In Germany if you were a boy aged 10+ you would have to join the 'Hitler Youth' which was an army even if you did not want to!