Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Baka Tribe
3. French The official language is Baka. I think there is an official language because then you can tell who is in your tribe and they want to show their own uniqueness and diversity. Their religion is mainly Animist, and after each successful hunt their is a dance to show thanks called Luma. There are drums involved and polyphonic.
Jengi is a rite of passage for a boy to become a man. this rite is kept secret.
"AFRICA - Explore the Regions - Rainforest." PBS: Public Broadcasting Service. Web. 08 Apr. 2011. <http://www.pbs.org/wnet/africa/explore/rainforest/rainforest_overview.html>.
"Baka People (Cameroon and Gabon)." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 08 Apr. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baka_people_(Cameroon_and_Gabon)>.
"Baka Pygmies." African Pygmies. Web. 08 Apr. 2011. <http://www.pygmies.org/baka/>.
"Google Images." Google. Web. 11 Apr. 2011. <http://www.google.com/images?hl=en>.
Citations Jengi is a rite of passage for a boy to become a man. this rite is kept secret.
This rite of passage for the men is to show the people that he is a man and is strong and fit to be a man and comcidered a man and have the rite of one. Current Issues Deforestation is destroying their food supplies, traditions and religion. Pictures Preperation for the Jengi, rite of passage, becoming a man. Traditional hut and family One method of carring their kills while hunting is still donw today. They can be found in the rainforests of Cameroon, northern parts of Gabon, northern parts of Republic of Congo and Central African Republic. What makes the Baka special is their skilled practice in traditional medicine. people all around the world come to the Baka people for traditional healing. Cameroon Gabon Republic of Congo Central African Republic The first is their religion so the purpose of that is it influences their everyday lives. After a successful hunt they give thanks by dancing and druming.
The second is a boy becoming a man this shows people of the tribe that this boy is now a man and can take responsibility as a man and be recignized as one among the people