Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Independent
Make sure it isn't overused
Independent study is a method that should ONLY be used when teachers believe the students to have somewhat of an understanding of the topic. Research shows that students are more effective when teacher instruction, and independent practice are timed evenly
Split into groups!
Keep the independent activities short.
Give clear instructions.
Keep students on task and uninterrupted.
Monitor independent work.
collect independent work for grade to promote effort.
Independent study is mostly important when learning mathematics, grammar, and other educational areas which require much time, and practice, to master.
Independent practice is important because it allows students to have time to practice and learn the skill on their own, using their own study methods. Independent practice is just as important to learn, taking personal practice to to learn how to master riding a bike. Its the necessary independent time necessary to master a skill.